[Xorp-users] Click configuration generator on XORP

Eddie Kohler kohler@CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:06:05 -0800

Hi Rafael,

I think you're right, that this is not necessary, but it's the way
we've written Click IP configurations since we wrote Click.  (Which is
like more than 5 years ago.  Shit, time flies.)  ARP replies received
on interface X could be sent only to the ARPQuerier for interface X,
and the host.

The current design makes sense if an ARP reply might arrive on an
interface different from the interface that sent the request.

However, the current design isn't exactly a bug: it behaves correctly.

Eddie