[Xorp-users] Newbie: trouble getting XORP started

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:58:54 -0800

> > My problem is that I have two machines with Mandrake 10 installed, in
> > the one I want to run xorp I can't compile the code due to lack of
> > free space in the harddisk, so I compiled the code in the other
> > machine then made a RPM, and installed that RPM in the first machine,
> > because of the thing you've told me it appears that the machine I want
> > to run xorp doesn't have support for ipv6, but the one I compiled the
> > code has, because I'm working with ipv4 and don't need ipv6 at all, my
> > question is how do I compile xorp without ipv6 support??
>
> ./configure --disable-ipv6
> gmake

FYI, the original problem you had (XORP binary compiled on
IPv6-capable machine would coredump on machine that doesn't have
IPv6) has been fixed long time ago in the CVS repository, but this
was after the 1.0 release.