[Xorp-users] XORP on Solaris??

Dave Price dave.price@aber.ac.uk
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:37:05 +0000

Dear All,

	We are currently considering replacing our current
"home built" router with a new box.  Our current
router, built many years ago, uses a Pentium 300 (ish) and a multi-interface
100 Mbps ethernet to link four networks.  It currently runs
an old Solaris for Intel OS.  It only currently handles unicast routing.

	One possibility being considered is basically
a faster version of same, but basing it on a sun branded rack mount server
with AMD processors.

	What OS though?  We could just  use Solaris and its inbuilt
IP routing as we do now and we get some firewalling.

	Another thought is XORP run on something?

	It would be nice if it did multicast routing for us too.

Any thoughts folks?  Has anyone ported XORP to Solaris?

	Thanks for any thoughts you may have to offer.

Dave Price