[Xorp-users] Cannot enable vif eth0: no such vif

VideoIP videoip@gmail.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:09:28 -0200

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C507D0.C4D93B50

Hi Pavlin,  I´ve followed your advice and downloaded the latest version from
the CVS and compiled it directly on the Linux I want to route with.
I´ve set up the config.boot file and started xorp_rtrmgr without errors. I´m
streaming a video with VLC to 231.1.1.1 but it´s not reaching the other side
of the router, where I have another VLC trying to read that address.
Would you mind taking a look at my config.boot and telling me if you think
it´s fine?
As usual, thanks a lot.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pavlin Radoslavov" <pavlin@icir.org>
To: "VideoIP" <videoip@gmail.com>
Cc: "Pavlin Radoslavov" <pavlin@icir.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Xorp-users] Cannot enable vif eth0: no such vif

>> This is getting weirder every minute, there=B4s actually NO config.log =
>> or config.status in the xorp directory or even in the whole PC for that =
>> matter. The problem is that configure doesn=B4t even start, the only =
>> message I receive is the one I already told you about. I enclose a =
>> screen capture. We are using Mandrake Linux 10.0 Official.
>
> If ./configure failed, then it is no surprise there are no
> config.log and config.status, because they are auto-generated by
> ./configure.
>
> One potential problem that comes to mind is to verify that
> /bin/sh is valid. E.g., is it there; if it is a symbolic link, does
> it point to a valid file, etc?
>
> If /bin/sh is valid, then can you try the following:
> sh ./configure
>
> If nothing useful comes out of it, then try
> strace ./configure
>
> Also, did you by any chance use any Microsoft Windows related stuff?
> For example:
> * did you edit or load ./configure in Windows environment
> * was ./configure saved on a Windows file system
> * Did you use any Windows tools such as winzip to copy the files
> around?
>
> The reason I ask about Windows, is because after some web search I
> found that other people have had similar problems. For example, see
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/ac/msg01035.html
>
> Hmmm, when I look into the gif file you sent me, why some text files
> like README and RELEASE_NOTES have the executable flag set? They
> don't have the executable flag set in the CVS repository. Is it
> because of some additional manipulation of the whole tree?
>
> Thanks,
> Pavlin

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C507D0.C4D93B50

/* $XORP: xorp/rtrmgr/config.boot.sample,v 1.16 2004/06/21 18:06:05 =
hodson Exp $ */

interfaces {
    interface eth0 {
	enabled: true
	default-system-config
	}
    interface eth1 {
	enabled: true
	default-system-config
	}
    }

plumbing {
    mfea4 {
	enabled: true
	interface eth0 {
	    vif eth0 {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	interface eth1 {
	    vif eth1 {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	interface register_vif {
	    vif register_vif {
		/* Note: this vif should be always enabled */
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	traceoptions {
	    flag all {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
    }
}

protocols {
    igmp {
	enabled: true
	interface eth0 {
	    vif eth0 {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	interface eth1 {
	    vif eth1 {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	traceoptions {
	    flag all {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
    }
}

protocols {
    pimsm4 {
	enabled: true
	interface eth0 {
	    vif eth0 {
		enabled: true
		/* dr-priority: 1 */
		/* alternative-subnet 10.40.0.0/16 */
	    }
	}
	interface eth1 {
	    vif eth1 {
		enabled: true
		/* dr-priority: 1 */
		/* alternative-subnet 10.40.0.0/16 */
	    }
	}
	interface register_vif {
	    vif register_vif {
		/* Note: this vif should be always enabled */
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	static-rps {
	    rp 192.168.0.3 {
		group-prefix 224.0.0.0/4 {
		    /* rp-priority: 192 */
		    /* hash-mask-len: 30 */
		}
	    }
	}

	bootstrap {
	    enabled: true
	    cand-bsr {
		scope-zone 224.0.0.0/4 {
		    /* is-scope-zone: false */
		    cand-bsr-by-vif-name: "eth0"
		    bsr-priority: 1
		    hash-mask-len: 30=20
		}
	    }

	    cand-rp {
		group-prefix 224.0.0.0/4 {
		    /* is-scope-zone: false */
		    cand-rp-by-vif-name: "eth0"
		    rp-priority: 192
		    rp-holdtime: 150=20
		}
	    }
	}

	switch-to-spt-threshold {
	    /* approx. 1K bytes/s (10Kbps) threshold */
	    enabled: true
	    interval-sec: 100
	    bytes: 102400
	}

	traceoptions {
	    flag all {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
    }
}

/*
 * Note: fib2mrib is needed for multicast only if the unicast protocols
 * don't populate the MRIB with multicast-specific routes.
 */
protocols {
    fib2mrib {
	enabled: true
    }
}

/*
 * See xorp/mibs/snmpdscripts/README on how to configure Net-SNMP in =
your host
 * before uncommenting the snmp section below.
 * Also check that the "bgp4_mib_1657.so" exists in the correct =
location.
 */

/*
*protocols {
*    snmp {
*	mib-module bgp4_mib_1657 {
*	    abs-path: "/usr/local/xorp/mibs/bgp4_mib_1657.so"
*	}
*    }
*}
*/