[Xorp-users] problem with xorp

peppe asd peppe asd <wolverin00@gmail.com>
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:18:44 +0200

Hi I'm Edoardo, a italian student of Computer Science, and know I'm
working  in the La Coruņa University (Spain).
I downloaded the last version of xorp, I try several times in vain to
install it and when I lanch command "./configure" I could read the
error:

        #./configure

        checking for MD5_Init in -lcrypto... no
        Could not find part of OpenSSL or one it's components in /usr/local/ssl
        Use --with-openssl=DIR to specify OpenSSL directory

I tried to insert parameters system required but I get the same error

        #./configure --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl/

        checking for MD5_Init in -lcrypto... no
        Could not find part of OpenSSL or one it's components in /usr/local/ssl
        Use --with-openssl=DIR to specify OpenSSL directory

I try to comment the next part

        fail_openssl()
        {
	  echo "Could not find part of OpenSSL or one it's components in $1"
	  echo "Use --with-openssl=DIR to specify OpenSSL directory"
          # exit 1
        }

hopening  the error was been neglected.
Done it I lanch command "make install", but I could read the error:

nexthop.cc:21: error: invalid use of constructor as a template
nexthop.cc:21: note: use 'IPNextHop<A>::IPNextHop' instead of
'IPNextHop<A>::IPNextHop<A>' to name the constructor in a qualified
name
nexthop.cc:26: error: invalid use of constructor as a template
nexthop.cc:26: note: use 'IPPeerNextHop<A>::IPPeerNextHop' instead of
'IPPeerNextHop<A>::IPPeerNextHop<A>' to name the constructor in a
qualified name
nexthop.cc:37: error: invalid use of constructor as a template
nexthop.cc:37: note: use 'IPEncapsNextHop<A>::IPEncapsNextHop' instead
of 'IPEncapsNextHop<A>::IPEncapsNextHop<A>' to name the constructor in
a qualified name
nexthop.cc:48: error: invalid use of constructor as a template
nexthop.cc:48: note: use 'IPExternalNextHop<A>::IPExternalNextHop'
instead of 'IPExternalNextHop<A>::IPExternalNextHop<A>' to name the
constructor in a qualified name
make[1]: *** [nexthop.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/edo/Desktop/xorp-1.0/libxorp'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

What can I do???
I hope you want answer at this letter, thank you very much