[Xorp-users] Compile Time

Andrew Andrew <andrewn@gmail.com>
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:01:33 -0700

Hi,

I started compiling Xorp Saturday around noon and the process has not
yet completed.  The website does say that it might take up to an hour
depending on your CPU speed, but I should note that I don't mean last
Saturday - I mean Saturday, July 16 - 11 days ago.

It is making progress - I can see it is working on different object
files as time goes on.  What kind of processing power does Xorp need
to actually run?  I'm starting to wonder if maybe this system can't
handle it.  It is a Pentium 233Mhz system running OpenBSD that serves
as my router and firewall.

Andrew