[Xorp-users] Build difficulties

Weaver John-JWEAVER1 John.Weaver@motorola.com
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:08:35 -0500

Thanks.  I do have the 2 #defines you discussed.  I was not sure on that.
It appears that the others are failing also.  Are any of the other files
necessary?  I wonder why it is compiling fine on Linux but not SunOS?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavlin Radoslavov [mailto:pavlin@icir.org]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 12:15 PM
To: Weaver John-JWEAVER1
Cc: Pavlin Radoslavov; xorp-users@xorp.org
Subject: Re: [Xorp-users] Build difficulties

> It looks like the functionality of the SIOCGIFCONF has not been done
> on PPC for Linux or not that I could find.  From what I have been able
> to Google I found that it is implemented for decnet, sparc, and alpha.
> Is this something that would adversely affect functionality?  Should
> we implement it.  We are only using TAP devices for the interfaces
> that will be running PIM/IGMP.  The patch did work but I ran into
> another error that maybe you can help me on or point me in the right
> direction.  I am definitely not a shell script person nor AWK.

If your Linux system has NETLINK support, then you don't need SIOCGIFCONF.
All Linux kernels should have NETLINK, but you can double-check that inside
the top-level config.h you have:

/* Define to 1 if you have the <linux/rtnetlink.h> header file. */ #define
HAVE_LINUX_RTNETLINK_H 1

/* Define to 1 if you have Linux-style netlink sockets (AF_NETLINK) */
#define HAVE_NETLINK_SOCKETS 1

<DEL>

> ../utils/xrl_wrappers_generator.sh ../xrl/targets/static_routes.xrls >
> ../static_routes/xrl_static_routes_shell_funcs.sh
> awk: syntax error near line 1
> awk: bailing out near line 1
> make[2]: *** [../static_routes/xrl_static_routes_shell_funcs.sh] Error
> 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/vobs/ubs_phy_sw/ctrl/sproc/protocols/xorp/1.1/static_routes'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
`/vobs/ubs_phy_sw/ctrl/sproc/protocols/xorp/1.1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

About the above AWK error, I am surprised that you see it only in the
static_routes directory, but you didn't see it in other directories (fea,
fib2mrib, etc).
Can you try to run the same command by hand:

cd static_routes
../utils/xrl_wrappers_generator.sh ../xrl/targets/static_routes.xrls >
../static_routes/xrl_static_routes_shell_funcs.sh

For comparison purpose, you can run some of the other commands that
presumably succeeded:

cd ../fib2mrib
../utils/xrl_wrappers_generator.sh ../xrl/targets/fib2mrib.xrls >
../fib2mrib/xrl_fib2mrib_shell_funcs.sh

If the command constantly fails inside the static_routes directory, a quick
work-around would be to just put a dummy empty file instead of
static_routes/xrl_static_routes_shell_funcs.sh and continue with the
compilation:

touch static_routes/xrl_static_routes_shell_funcs.sh

You can get away with this, because currently the above file is not really
used.

Pavlin