[Xorp-users] Build difficulties

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:29:17 -0700

> Thanks.  I do have the 2 #defines you discussed.  I was not sure on that.
> It appears that the others are failing also.  Are any of the other files
> necessary?  I wonder why it is compiling fine on Linux but not SunOS?

Some of them are used when running "gmake check" (e.g.,
fea/test_add_route.sh uses fea/xrl_fea_shell_funcs.sh),
but currently none of them are used when running XORP.
So you can use the same hack everywhere
("touch xrl_foo_shell_funcs.sh") and continue with the compilation.

Without access to the system it is difficult to find and fix the
problem. I think it is better if for the time being you spend your
time with getting XORP up and running on your system, and after that
address the AWK problem.

Pavlin