[Xorp-users] Multicast without PIM on internal interface while PIM on external

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:17:03 -0700

> >FYI, the NOCACHE kernel messasges should be triggered by multicast
> >data packets seen on interfaces enabled for multicast routing.
> >

> I have observed router's own IGMP report message cause router receive
> NOCACHE notification from kernel on linux 2.4 (may due to kernel bug).

Right, now I remember that long time ago you told be when you found
this particular Linux bug.

> If you are sure that the NOCACHE message is triggered by IGMP messages,
> there might be possibility FBSD kernel also contain similar bug.

So far I haven't seen similar bug in FreeBSD kernel, but I should
admit that I haven't tried FreeBSD-4.11 yet (the version that Dan is
using).

Pavlin