[Xorp-users] bgp

Dario VIEIRA dario.vieira@int-evry.fr
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:58:30 +0200

We are trying to perform some experiments with XORP BGP, but we are having some
problems.

In our network configurations, each AS consists of a single router. In addition,
in each network configuration, there is an AS "X" that announces and later
withdraws a single destination prefix "d".

We have used some families of network topologies, as for instance, CLIQUE of
size "n" (a network configuration that is made up of "n" ASes in a full mesh).

We are using IMUNES in order to simulate our network. Besides, we are using XORP
1.0.

We started our simulation with a CLIQUE of size 3. The simulation runs without
any problem.

However, for CLIQUE with size greater than 3, some XORP BGP peers crash when it
is announced and later withdrew a destination prefix "d". We got the following
message errors (for each bgp peer crashed):

"[2005/06/21 16:32:04 INFO xorp_rip RIB] Received death event for protocol bgp
shutting down----------
OriginTable: ebgp
EGP
Next table = Merged:(ebgp)+(ibgp)"

Any idea about the origin of this problem?

Thank for your help,

Dario