[Xorp-users] About PIM-SM's interface

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:57:54 -0700

> I am a newbie, and I am trying to start a multicasting project using XORP.
>
> I found that there are interfaces for getting events from IGMP (in
> xrl/interfacers/mld6igmp_client: add_membership4 and
> delete_membership4), but I could not find such interfaces provided by
> PIM-SM. How can I register interest and get events, such as
> Join/Prune?

Currently you cannot register interest in PIM-SM and get events like
Join/Prune.
Such interface exists in IGMP, because PIM-SM needs to get the IGMP
Join/Prune events notifications.

If you need to get similar events out of PIM-SM, then you have to
implement yourself the XRL interface similar as it is done for IGMP.
Please let me know if you need help identifying where exactly to
"tap" into the PIM-SM code to get the particular events.

Pavlin