[Xorp-users] Emulating multiple routers on the same host

Thomas R Wike twike@ptd.net
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:11:11 -0500

I have not yet attempted to compile or run XORP.   I just have a
question about a capability mentioned on the XORP Vision page on the
website.  I apologize if the answer is available somewhere I haven't
looked yet, but I've tried looking through the FEA related stuff on the
website and the XORP-users and XORP-hackers mailing lists without
finding anything.  (If the answer is in the Fine Manual, I'll gladly
read it if you can point me to the right one.)

The XORP Vision page mentions the ability to emulate multiple routers on
the same host, saying this can be done if you modify the FEA.  My
question is how do you modify the FEA to do this?  Do you have to hack
code, or can this be done by configuration?