[Xorp-users] Re: xorp fails to detect multicast traffic arriving over a GRE tunnel in Linux.

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Sun, 01 May 2005 15:32:42 -0700

> Interesting, I had a similar issue with my DSL Modem (Speedstream 5100b)
> in pppoe-on-device mode with both gif and tun devices.

Your problem is probably different. In my case it appears that the
DSL modem/NAT/firewall (2Wire HomePortal 1000) supports only TCP,
UDP and ICMP, so I can't configure it to enable any other protocols
(including GRE).

FYI, I am able to use openvpn tunnels but those use UDP or TCP-based
encapsulation. I don't know about the CPU load because I've used
openvpn only for testing purpose with low bandwidth traffic.