[Xorp-users] RTT "Round Trip Time"

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Tue, 10 May 2005 14:30:58 -0700

> I'm a graduate student and my graduate project about "Round Trip Time"
> as router matrix. So I think to use XORP as my research environment.
> But I notice that the default xorp RIP matrix is "Hob Count". So does
> any one has any idea how I can make it RTT "Round trip time"? any help
> or suggestions in this subject or previous experience?

Tariq,

The RIP protocol itself is designed to use hop-count, so it is not
clear whether it can easily be modified to use RTT instead of
hop-count. It may be simpler to design your own routing protocol
that uses RTT instead of modifing RIP, but you should be the one to
research that option :)

Once you have designed your routing protocol, then you can decide
whether you can reuse some of the RIP code.
If you want to implement your protocol from scratch, then you can
use the static_routes implementation as a starting point.

Good luck!
Atanu & Pavlin