[Xorp-users] Access control and QoS for Xorp

James Courtier-Dutton James Courtier-Dutton <james.dutton@gmail.com>
Sat, 14 May 2005 15:39:40 +0100

Hi,

I am looking at how one might add Access control and Qos to multicast.
I am thinking about modifying the PIM-SM routers on the network to
send RADIUS requests whenever an IGMPv3 messages are received. The
RADIUS server will then return accept or reject. If accepted, the
RADIUS server will return QoS parameters which Xorp could then apply
to the Linux kernel QoS functions at the same time it adds a new
multicast route. If the required QoS resources are not available, it
will not add a multicast route.

Is this functionallity possible in the current Xorp architecture?
If so, where abouts in the source code should I look to add it?

James