[Xorp-users] Re: help establishing OSPF adjacencies

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:20:45 -0700

> Pavlin,
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:10:27PM -0700, Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> > > p.s. I also see the following error message when starting up:
> > > [ 2005/10/17 16:20:37  INFO xorp_rtrmgr:20946 RTRMGR +485 module_manager.cc run ] Running module: fea (/usr/local/xorp/fea/xorp_fea) c user_click_command_done_cb ] User-level Click command (~/demo/click) failed.
> > >
> > > I did not see this problem when running XORP 1.1, but now it seems I'm
> > > having to start click manually because XORP does not fire it up
> > > properly.  Has the mechanism for starting up click in XORP changed since
> > > version 1.1?
> >
> > Yes, the mechanism has changed. Please send me your fea+click
> > configuration.
>
> Thanks!  Here's my current configuration.
>
> -Nick
>

> fea {
>     unicast-forwarding4 {
>         disable: true
>     }
>
>     click {
>         disable: false
>
>         user-click {
>             disable: false
>             command-file: "~/demo/click"
>             command-extra-arguments: "-R"
>             command-execute-on-startup: true
>             control-address: 127.0.0.1
>             control-socket-port: 13000
>             startup-config-file: "/dev/null"
>             user-click-config-generator-file: "~/demo/static_config"
>         }
>     }
> }

I just did some tests, and it looks like that indeed the "~" as part
of the file name is the problem. Please replace all path names in
the Click configuration that contain "~" in the beginning with the
absolute path name.

Pavlin

P.S. I just committed a Click-related bug fix to
fea/ifconfig_set_click.cc rev. 1.30 so you may want to get the
lastest CVS code, though that fix has nothing to do with your
original error.