[Xorp-users] Re: help establishing OSPF adjacencies

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:41:31 -0700

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:01:18AM -0700, Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> > > multicast group in the XORP debug:
> > >
> > > [ 1068  +430 xrl_io.cc join_multicast_group ] Join Interface eth0 Vif
> > > eth0 mcast 224.0.0.5
> > >
> > > But I suspect that it is not succeeding for some reason.
> >
> > What is the output of "netstat -g"? It will show the multicast
> > groups joined on each interface.
> > If the group is joined, then I suspect there are some firewall
> > filters on the receiver side that prevent the multicast packets from
> > reaching the receiver.
>
> yep, it appears that way:
>
> [mit_rcp@planetlab4 mit_rcp]$ netstat -g
> IPv6/IPv4 Group Memberships
> Interface       RefCnt Group
> --------------- ------ ---------------------
> netstat: no support for `AF INET (igmp)' on this system.

Even if you are not running XORP, you should see that the
ALL-SYSTEMS.MCAST.NET group has been joined on each interface:

pavlin@koala[9] netstat -g
IPv6/IPv4 Group Memberships
Interface       RefCnt Group
lo              1      ALL-SYSTEMS.MCAST.NET
eth0            1      ALL-SYSTEMS.MCAST.NET

Can you check that the CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST kernel option is enabled.

Pavlin