[Xorp-users] Help:about kernel-level Click

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 00:04:39 -0700

> I setup a network, as following.
>
>         ---------              ----------            ---------
>         |       |              |        |            |       |
>         |   A   |             |   B    |           |   C   |
>         |       |              |        |            |       |
>         ---------              ----------            ---------
>               |                 |      |              |     |
>               |                 |      |              |     |
>             ----------------------    ------------------   ---------
>                    NET-X                    NET-Y            NET-Z
>

> It works very well using linux kernel(2.4.20) forwarding engine,
> user-level Click and kernel-level Click with
> duplicate-routes-to-kernel enable. However, when use kernel-level
> click without duplicate-routes-to-kernel enable, I cannot access A
> from C and other host on NET-Z. And, I can see the right final route
> table in XORP using 'xorpsh',
> but cannot see the route to NET-X on C using 'route' command.

You need to look into the running Click configuration, and the
installed Click routes.
You cannot use the UNIX "route" to see the Click routes.

Instead, for userland Click you have to do the following
(someone please correct me because I am typing from memory):

1. telnet localhost 13000
2. read config
To read the routing table you have to:
read _xorp_rt4.table

In case of kernel Click you have to read /click/config and
/click/_xorp_rt4/table to get the installed configuration and the
installed forwarding entries.

Once you have the installed configuration and the forwarding
entries, then try running only Click and play with the configuration
to see where the problem is.

Pavlin