[Xorp-users] help to configure bootstrap

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:50:42 -0700

> I have a cluster of firewall-1 NGX with clusterXL and I=C2=B4m using xorp t=
> o route multicast. The multicast traffic works fine. Congratulations to xor=
> p developers. But...
>
> In this network I have two RPs and I have problems to route one or other RP=
> s if one of them fail. How can I know that one RP is down? and how can I ch=
> ange dinamicaly to use the other RP? Each RP uses diferents multicast group=
> s.=20
>
> I supose that I have to configure bootstrap =C2=BF? My cluster don=C2=B4t h=
> ave to be a canidate BSR or candidate RP.=20

Don't use static RPs in your configuration. Instead, enable the
bootstrap mechanism, and configure both RPs as a Cand-BSR.
Also, configure them as a Cand-RP for each desired group prefix.
Then, use different rp-priority (lower value is better) in each
configuration to specify the preferred RP per group prefix.

Pavlin