[Xorp-users] need some Xorp set up helps

Marko Zec zec@icir.org
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:59:09 +0200

On Friday 30 September 2005 16:17, riccardo.sciaccaluga@tin.it wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> I am trying to install xorp but i got some problems!
> I downloaded from xorp website the last stable XORP release (xorp 1.1)
> and i've seen there is a config.boot.sample file.
> In that file there are some code lines that goes to use click
> as support for the forwarding path!
> My question is:Do i have to use a click patched kernel
> of Linux to realize
> my forwarding plan ?or may i interface xorp with a
> base linux kernel and use its capabilty to realize the forwarding plan
> (For more information i'm
> using the xorp supported linux kernel 2.4.20?
> In case i do use a simple Linux kernel, could anybody provide me of a
> config.boot sample file?

Hi Riccardo,

you don't need Click to run XORP on Linux - the standard Linux
forwarding path will work just fine.

The XORP user manual is probably the best place to find more details on
how to configure XORP, i.e. on how to construct the config.boot file.
Nevertheless, here's another very minimalistic example - a RIP config
with two interfaces:

interfaces {
    interface eth0 {
        vif eth0 {