[Xorp-users] Problem with filtering BGP

Mike Horn mhorn@vyatta.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:39:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Peter,

Can you send the output from "show bgp routes", "ifconfig", and "route -n".  In general policies should not stop prefixes that are in the BGP table from being installed in the routing table (the policies should restrict what goes into & out of the BGP table).  Prefixes from the BGP table not getting installed in the routing table is usually caused by an unreachable next-hop.

If you send the requested information we should be able to determine what is not working.

-mike

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Maersk-Moller <peter@maersk-moller.net>
To: xorp-users@xorp.org
Sent: Monday, April 3, 2006 7:33:40 PM GMT-0700
Subject: [Xorp-users] Problem with filtering BGP

Hi

I'm trying to export a few networks to all my external BGP peers
and import all their advertised routes. However all received
routes on ebgp are not included into the internal (final) routing table.
So obviously I'm doing something wrong, but what ?

Here is my policy.

The list "tobeincluded are the networks to be announced to ebgp peers.
I do receive a lot of announcements from peers, but none of them ends
up in the final table and subsequenly can't be seen by the unix
command # route -n

What am I doing wrong ?

The term drop is used to make sure I don't advertise to ebgp peers
any routes learned from other ebgp peers, but obviously my policy fails.

What should I do instead ?

Kind regards

--PMM

policy {
     network4-list tobeincluded {
         elements: "83.137.32.0/24,83.137.33.0/24"
     }
     policy-statement bgpconnected {
         term acceptown {
             from {