[Xorp-users] Redistributing the system kernel route table into OSPF

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:15:26 -0700

> 1) Should this work in a Windows 2003 build of XORP, or is the functionality
> of fib2mrib tied to multicast support, and in turn presents a problem?

It won't work on Windows, but for a different reason.
The fib2mrib mechanism is tied to the ability of the FEA to observe
third-party changes to the unicast forwarding table in the kernel.
Currently, the FEA doesn't support this for Windows. I am not even
sure whether the Windows API supports asynchronous notifications to
userland if the forwarding table is modified; Bruce M. Simpson would
be the right person to answer that question.

> 2)  In the patch you sent me, there are three lines that I believe should be
> made into one line:
>
> +    %create: xrl
> +"$(policy.targetname)/policy/0.1/add_varmap?protocol:txt=fib2mrib&varia
> +ble:txt=metric&type:txt=u32&access:txt=rw&id:u32=14";
>
> I want to make sure it is accepatble to concatenate these three entries in a
> single line.

Yes, they should be a single line. Probaby it got corrupted in the
email.

Pavlin