[Xorp-users] iptv and multicast forwarding (newbie)

Robert M. rm at ib-caddy.si
Thu Aug 3 06:59:05 PDT 2006

Hello Guys,

For a start, here is my home network configuration:

- linux box runing FC5
    - wan connected to eth1
    - vlan interface eth1.8 (1*)
    - lan switch connected to eth0
- few lan PCs (max 4) connected to lan switch

Besides internet access, my ISP is also providing iptv multicast
service. (1*) I figured out they setup vlan with an id 8 for iptv
service, so I added vlan interface eth1.8. With this setup I can watch
tv on linux box (VLC). Now, I want to forward multicast traffic to lan
clients (eth0). I wonder if someone can help me with config.boot? What
interfaces/protocols must I include? Do I need PIM-SM in described
scenario? It would be great if someone can post template config.boot for
similar scenarion.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Robert M.