[Xorp-users] iptv and multicast forwarding (newbie)

Robert M. rm at helica.org
Tue Aug 8 13:45:54 PDT 2006

[SNIP]

> Unfortunately, XORP doesn't implement (yet) the IGMP proxy
> mechanism, and I am not aware of any open-source IGMP proxy
> implementation.

I found one at http://sourceforge.net/projects/igmpproxy . I'm testing
it for a few days and it appears to work stable. BTW, looking at the
source code I can see mrouted and smcroute joined together.
There is another one at
http://potiron.loria.fr/projects/madynes/internals/perso/lahmadi/igmpv3proxy
. This one is evil and most importantly it doesn't work for me.
For ipv6 (MLDv2) I found this one: http://unfix.org/projects/ecmh/ .

[SNIP - config.boot template]

After some extensive investigation on multicasts routing field, I can
now understand your scepticism. Anyway, I'm going to try PIM-SM way and
report my findings back to the list.

Robert M.