[Xorp-users] SNMP & QoS

Aidan Walton aidan at wires3.net
Wed Aug 16 00:17:49 PDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I have a couple of questions if anyone could spare the time I would love
to know the answers:

1. I recently watched CVS commits of round_robin.cc, round_robin.hh and
was wondering how this QoS capability gets enabled in the configuration
and if it is now active if I compile the latest CVS snapshot. (I assume
this is QoS and not a round robin algorithm for some other function
rather than traffic management)

2. Has anyone written any more MIBs, I got SNMP working recently but the
most useful MIB, to me, does not seem to be available. A simple
interface monitoring MIB, traffic stats, errors, drops etc. Is this
related to the underlying kernel forwarding function in use? Does this
complicate the implementation? Or maybe I missed something?

Any idea, thanks for 1.3! Great work.

Aidan