[Xorp-users] PIM-SM in xorp cvs

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Tue Aug 22 16:53:59 PDT 2006

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 02:54:16PM -0500, Otto Solares wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 09:13:30AM -0700, Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> > > Also, do you have a matching forwarding entry for destination
> > > 200.0.204.169?
> >
> > Nope, it can reach that IP by means of the default gateway.
>
> Sorry this is untrue, I have an entry learned via BGP:
>
> 200.0.204.0/24 via 10.10.26.14 dev eth6  proto zebra equalize

OK, it probably doesn't matter which particular forwarding entry is
used, as long as there is one.

If the firewall rules are not the issue, you can try running XORP
only without zebra/quagga and install a static route toward the RP.
This will tell you whether the error is because of something odd
with the forwarding entries.