[Xorp-users] Cant get xorp to modify kernel routes

Vikram vikram.dhir at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 21:29:50 PST 2006

My configuration file looks like this:-

/*XORP Configuration File, v1.0*/
protocols {
    static {
        disable: false
        route 16.25.0.0/16 {
            next-hop: 0.0.0.0
            metric: 1
        }
interfaces {
    restore-original-config-on-shutdown: false
    interface eth0 {
        disable: false
        discard: false
        vif eth0 {
            disable: false
            address 10.20.50.150 {
                prefix-length: 16
                broadcast: 10.20.255.255
                disable: false
            }
        }
    }
    interface eth1 {
        disable: false
        discard: false
        vif eth1 {
            disable: false
            address 192.168.0.10 {
                prefix-length: 24
                broadcast: 192.168.0.255
                disable: false
            }
        }
    }
}
I checked up in xorpsh and the routes r not showing up in the RIB.

What do u think is the problem???

vpd