[Xorp-users] Virtual interfaces in GNU/Linux

Pepo pmancheno at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 23:08:54 PST 2006

Hi friends...

I am trying with Xorp for my multicast thesis and looks terrific :) my tests
was using (just one) Debian Etch box and Qemu so I had a virtual network just
like the image attached; but now I have to show my tests in a real network.

For my real-test I will use normal computers and some others as routers with
Xorp, but I have just one NIC in each PC, so, How do I can use virtual
interfaces just like in a normal GNU/Linux.

	ifconfig ethN:X <address>
	(ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.1.1)

Thanks.

--
           Linux User Registered #232544
             Jabber : pepo at jabberes.org
              Ekiga : pepo at ekiga.net
                ICQ : 337889406
          GnuPG-key : www.keyserver.net
                   dum loquimur, fugerit invida
aetas: carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.