[Xorp-users] Xorp delayed actions

riccardo.sciaccaluga@tin.it riccardo.sciaccaluga@tin.it" <riccardo.sciaccaluga@tin.it
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:28:04 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

Hi i made up some switching time test with xorp as follows:
1)I set up
a network with two possible path to the same destination but with
different metric
2)I start sending ip packets over this network towards
the destination node
3)I turned up the metric of the old low cost path
to make it the the new higher cost one.
4)I sniffed the ip traffic over
these links and i make this experiment lot of times
The thing i noticed
is that xorp needs 5 to 6 seconds to switch the traffic to the new low
cost path.
I thing that this time is too long but i also thing that it
could be because of some delayed action(like delayed spf scheduling or
delayed access to te routing table or whatever).
My questions are:
what
are the default delayed action that xorp does and their delay value?
Where can i find this information inside xorp code?
Thanks in advance
for your help.