[Xorp-users] OSPF LSA trigger?

Andy Bavier acb@cs.princeton.edu
Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:04:12 -0500

--------------060001040300080405060200

Hi,

What triggers XORP's OSPF to send out a new LSA?  I'm running a test
network of about 11 XORP routers built from the head of the CVS tree.
OSPF establishes adjacencies when the routers come up, configures the
FIBs as expected, and continues to send out Hello messages over time.
However, when I commit a change in xorpsh (modify the interface cost,
delete a neighbour, etc.), nothing much seems to happen.  For example,
if I disable a neighbour's interface, then no more Hello messages are
exchanged with it and eventually it is marked as Down -- but no new LSAs
are generated, and the routes through that neighbour are not removed.

Is there some specific event that needs to be triggered before LSAs are
sent?  Any ideas or tips?  I'm attaching a config file in case that's
useful.    The config may look weird -- I'm using XORP to control a
Click forwarder that's sitting on the other side of a TUN/TAP interface
-- but everything is working except for the "dynamic" part of OSPF.

Thanks!
Andy

--------------060001040300080405060200

/* Configuration for planetlab1.chin.internet2.planet-lab.org */
/* Generated at Tue Feb 07 15:46:58 EST 2006 */

interfaces {
    interface tap0 {
        disable: false
        default-system-config
    }
    interface eth0 {
        disable: false
        default-system-config
    }
}
fea {
    unicast-forwarding4 {
        disable: true
    }

    click {
        disable: false

        user-click {
            disable: false
            command-file: "/home/mit_rcp/demo/click"
            command-extra-arguments: "-R"
            command-execute-on-startup: true
            control-address: 127.0.0.1
            control-socket-port: 13654
            startup-config-file: "/dev/null"
            user-click-config-generator-file: "/home/mit_rcp/demo/static_config"
        }
    }
}

protocols {

	ospf4 {
            router-id:  198.32.154.178
	    area 0.0.0.0 {
                interface tap0 {
                    link-type: "p2m"
                    vif tap0 {
                    address 10.0.217.1 {
			    interface-cost: 1

                            /* planetlab1.ipls.internet2.planet-lab.org */
                            neighbour 10.0.116.1 {
	                         router-id: 198.32.154.242
	                    }

                            /* planetlab1.nycm.internet2.planet-lab.org */
                            neighbour 10.0.114.1 {
	                         router-id: 198.32.154.250
	                    }

                           }