[Xorp-users] OSPF LSA trigger?

Mike Horn caddisconsulting@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 14:27:15 -0700

Hi Andy,

When did you download the CVS head?  There was a fix last week on 2/1 for
bug 387 which was for OSPF not sending out an updated router-LSA when the
link state of an interface that was included in OSPF changed.  I checked the
fix yesterday and the router now correctly sends out LSA updates for link
state changes.

You should also see a new router-LSA generated if you configure an interface
to run OSPF, then commit, then add another interface to the OSPF
configuration.

Finally, another way to get OSPF to transmit an LSA is to create a policy
redistributing static routes into OSPF, this will generate AS-external-LSAs.
Let me know if you want a sample configuration.

-mike

-----Original Message-----
From: xorp-users-admin@xorp.org [mailto:xorp-users-admin@xorp.org] On Behalf
Of Andy Bavier
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:04 PM
To: Xorp-users@xorp.org
Subject: [Xorp-users] OSPF LSA trigger?

Hi,

What triggers XORP's OSPF to send out a new LSA?  I'm running a test network
of about 11 XORP routers built from the head of the CVS tree.
OSPF establishes adjacencies when the routers come up, configures the FIBs
as expected, and continues to send out Hello messages over time.
However, when I commit a change in xorpsh (modify the interface cost, delete
a neighbour, etc.), nothing much seems to happen.  For example, if I disable
a neighbour's interface, then no more Hello messages are exchanged with it
and eventually it is marked as Down -- but no new LSAs are generated, and
the routes through that neighbour are not removed.

Is there some specific event that needs to be triggered before LSAs are
sent?  Any ideas or tips?  I'm attaching a config file in case that's
useful.    The config may look weird -- I'm using XORP to control a
Click forwarder that's sitting on the other side of a TUN/TAP interface
-- but everything is working except for the "dynamic" part of OSPF.

Thanks!
Andy