[Xorp-users] Xorp, pimsm and ethertap

Mike Horn mhorn@vyatta.com
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:05:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi Calum,

It sounds like the NEXT_HOP that you are learning in the BGP updates might not be resolvable (e.g. there is not a route in the RIB for the NEXT_HOP).  Can you send a copy of "show route" and "show bgp routes" (only need the first few lines).

-mike

----- Original Message -----
From: Calum <caluml@gmail.com>
To: xorp-users@xorp.org
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 1:59:49 PM GMT-0700
Subject: Fwd: [Xorp-users] Xorp, pimsm and ethertap

On 2/24/06, Atanu Ghosh <atanu@icsi.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Try replacing "hush" with the actual IP address.
>
>     Atanu.

Hello, thanks for that. I think it is a little confusing to use a
<text> input where it needs to be an IP address.

# create protocols bgp peer ?
Possible completions:
  <[Enter]>       Execute this command
  <text>          Configure a peering session with another router.

?

Anyway. show bgp routes shows lots of routes, but they aren't
appearing in the local system routing table. Any ideas? (I've poked at
fea, and enabled unicast forwarding, but nothing.)

Ask me about Linux virtual servers.
A80F D3A0 0EFA23FE@wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net