[Xorp-users] Vifs

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:43:35 -0800

> I configured my interfaces like this:
>
>     interfaces {
>         interface taphush {
>             default-system-config
>             disable: false
>             discard: false
>             vif taphush {
>                 disable: false
>             }
>         restore-original-config-on-shutdown: false
>     }
>
> but upon reading the user doc, it says:
>
> "If the default-system-config statement is used ...... In that case,
> the vif and address sections must not be configured."
>
> So I remove the vif statement:
>
> # delete interfaces interface taphush vif taphush
> Deleting:
>     taphush {
>     }
>
> OK
> # commit
> Commit Failed
> 102 Command failed Failed executing: "RemoveInterfaceVif: taphush taphush"[edit]
>
> Does this mean that I **do** need to have the vif statement in there?
> Or is it a problem related to tap/tun interfaces?

You shouldn't have added the vif statement in your configuration
even during the startup.

FYI, I tried to repeat your experiment, but I couldn't trigger the
above error (and the rtrmgr crash below).
What version of XORP are you using and what OS?
In my experiment I was using the lastest XORP code from CVS and
Linux (Fedora Core 4).

Pavlin