[Xorp-users] Help regarding PIM SM simulator

Saurin Shah saurin.shah@gmail.com
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:32:22 -0600

------=_Part_245_14468693.1138375942074

Hi,

I am Saurin Shah, a Masters student in department of Computer Science at
Texas A and M University. I am currently doing a research project, which
requires me to do a simulation of PIM-SM. Can I perform simulation using
Xorp ?

A small example would be sending a multicast data from a source in colorado=
,
to a group of hosts spread over the south east part of the USA (Texas A and
M University, LSU, Miami, UFL, etc).
I would like to find out, how much time the data takes to reach the hosts,
and the bandwidth consumption at the links near the routers, etc.

Any help or comments from you, will be of great help.

Looking forward for your reply,
Thanks
Regards

Saurin.

------=_Part_245_14468693.1138375942074

Hi, <br>
I am Saurin Shah, a Masters student in department of Computer Science
at Texas A and M University. I am currently doing a research project,
which requires me to do a simulation of PIM-SM. Can I perform
simulation using Xorp ? <br>
A small example would be sending a multicast data from a source in
colorado, to a group of hosts spread over the south east part of the
USA (Texas A and M University, LSU, Miami, UFL, etc).<br>
I would like to find out, how much time the data takes to reach the
hosts, and the bandwidth consumption at the links near the routers,
etc. <br>
Any help or comments from you, will be of great help. <br>
Looking forward for your reply, <br>
Thanks<br>
Regards<br>
Saurin.<br>