[Xorp-users] multicast questions!

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:35:35 -0800

>     thakn you so much!! we had contacted the university netwokr people and
> didi some configuration. it seem now we can see neighbors. and internal
> mlticast seems wokr fine. we can see our machines from beacon. the attached
> file is some tests using xorpsh. however, we try to connect to Access Grid
> venue server, we still can not see other people login from other network.
> is there any standard procedure we can make sure our multicast is wokring
> propertly?

Sorry, I am not familiar with the Access Grid venue server and how
it uses multicast so I cannot provide you specific details how to
fix the problem.

To test the multicast delivery only, start a test sender and a test
receiver on the hosts that will be a multicast sender/receiver
respectively within the Access Grid framework. I'd recommend to use
the MGEN software for your testing:
http://tang.itd.nrl.navy.mil/5522/mgen/mgen_index.html

If each host is suppose to be a sender and a receiver, then test the
multicast delivery in both directions.

Pavlin

P.S. The xorpsh output (the DOC document in the attachment you sent
me) was partially corrupted so I couldn't read all of it; though, I
couldn't seen anything unusual from the output that was readable.
Anyway, in general please use plain ASCII for such output instead of
DOC.