[Xorp-users] FreeBSD port package for 1.2

Vlad GALU vladgalu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 09:09:20 PDT 2006

On 7/10/06, Pavlin Radoslavov <pavlin at icir.org> wrote:
> > i've put together a freebsd port for xorp 1.2 that might be useful to
> > folks.
> >
> > info here: http://infinitesecond.blogspot.com/2006/07/xorp-port-for-
> > freebsd.html
> > port here: http://layer8.net/~ben/code/xorp.tar.gz
>
> Benjamin,
>
> The port entry looks very thoughtfully and carefully done, so I will
> recommend that you contact the FreeBSD folks for possible addition
> to the FreeBSD ports tree.
> Please let us know if you need assistance with that.

   If I may suggest, submit it to Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at freebsd.org>
(he's a newly appointed ports commiter and hence he's *very* active
:).

> My only comment/recommendation is to change the "COMMENT" entry in
> the Makefile to "The eXtensible Open Router Platform" so it is
> consistent with the corresponding NetBSD and OpenBSD entries.
>
> Thanks,
> Pavlin

If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.