[Xorp-users] VLAN Support in XORP

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Sat Jun 3 09:49:21 PDT 2006

> I want to use VLANS with Xorp. Does XORP supports tag based VLANS.

The VLAN management support is not integrated in XORP
(yet). Currently, you would have to configure/manage the VLANs
outside of XORP.

Once you have the VLANs configured by using the tools provided by
the underlying system, you can use/configure the vlan interfaces in
XORP as any other interfaces.

> if it supports how can configure XORP for VLANS. I am working on multicast
> applicatio and i have created 20 VLANS with different IP Addreses in client
> machine.
> I am able generate 20 IGMP V3  requests for the same group but not able get

I should let you know that XORP doesn't support IGMPv3, but
currently we are working on it. Hopefully, it should be ready for
the next release (by the end of the month or so).

Pavlin