[Xorp-users] ARP problems with static routes in XORP

Mike Horn mhorn at vyatta.com
Wed Jun 7 10:37:46 PDT 2006

Hi Vikram,

To help you troubleshoot, can you provide a few pieces of information:

1. What OS are the hosts and Routers?

2. Can you send the interface configuration from all the devices (ifconfig
or equivalent).

3. Can you send the routing table output from all the devices.  You can use
"netstat -rn" from the unix shell or you can use XORP command "show route
table ipv4 unicast final".

Proxy ARP won't work in your setup, the HostA should only be ARP'ing for the
nexthop address on the local connected subnet, in this case 17.17.17.1.  The
traffic bound for 10.1.1.2 should be sent to 17.17.17.1 who should then
forward it to 10.1.1.2.

-mike