[Xorp-users] xorp_measures

ORANTE TUCCERI orante2003 at yahoo.it
Thu Jun 8 03:49:08 PDT 2006

    hello to all,
  I am executing of the measures on the software router xorp.
  The measures have the scope to estimate the performances of the router in terms
  of time demanded for the execution of the calculation of the shortest path tree.
  From the measures conduct on topologies of net (emulated through PC) fully
  connected constituted from a number of router
  R 10: 10: 100 (min /step /max)
  with interposed of the transit network between router and an other, is possible
  to obtain the following course
  (Time to calculate the SPT in milli-seconds vs.Vertex N)

  N= R*(R-1)*0.5
  Xorp -1.2 vs. Quagga 0.98 not optimized   see the attached graph

  We
  think that the evidenced not linear behavior from the diagram is legacy to the
  choice of the given structures associates, second given definition into RFC
  2328, to the list of the candidates, the list of the next-hop and to the
  database of the LSA.
  I ask confirmation for following associations XORP/RFC2328
  -----xorp/libproto/spt.hh
  @726 _ tentative/list of the candidates
  -----xorp/libproto/area_router.hh
  @586 vector _ db// Database of LSAs
  Other aspect that me is not clear is this:
  If the association
  _ db/Database of the LSARef is corrected,
  · since LsaRef is a alias of ref_ptr
  · since the class ref_ptr (present in libxorp/ref_ptr.hh) is created with the scope to maintain the count of the number of how many references exists to an object
  me it is not clearly because the memory of the database of the LSA is implemented through carrier of type objects '' ref_ptr ' '.
  tanks for attention.
  < orante2003 at yahoo.it >