[Xorp-users] IGMPv3 Status/ v1.3 release

Venketesan venkthi1 at iit.edu
Thu Jun 22 00:42:15 PDT 2006

Hi,
Could someone from the dev team update about a tentative release of
XORP 1.3 with IGMPv3 support.
Once this is provided, does it mean that we have complete SSM support
for IPv4. I mean can we run SSM traffic on a network of XORP 1.3
routers.
I believe if the leaf multicast router supports IGMPv3 and implements
PIM-SM2 -v11-ietf draft (currenrly avalialbe in XORP), then (S,G)
Joins can be directly initated by the leaf router without first trying
to build a RP tree. Hence the setup of an SSM multicat channel. Please
confirm.

regards,
venkat