[Xorp-users] Problem starting xorp_rtrmgr in 1.2 RC

Atanu Ghosh atanu@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Fri, 03 Mar 2006 08:39:58 -0800

    Dave> Is there any real reason why rtrmgr does not (have an option
    Dave> at least to) disconnect from open file descriptors and run as
    Dave> a background daemon as most programs of this nature would??

I think that you are right the rtrmgr should have an option to run as a
background daemon.

Before we make such a change we would need to decide what to do with the
output from the XORP processes, discard, send to syslog, put in a
logfile in /var/log. In the code all output is generated with macros
that would map directly to syslog priorities, we have just never tied
XORP to syslog.

	Atanu.