[Xorp-users] Problem starting xorp_rtrmgr in 1.2 RC

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 03 Mar 2006 10:31:27 -0800

> You can use output redirection and & (background) to run rtrmgr in the background, here's an example:
>
> [root@fedora rtrmgr]# ./xorp_rtrmgr > /var/log/messages 2>&1 &

I wouldn't recommend doing this :)
First, it will truncate the existing /var/log/messages so at least
you should use ">>" instead of ">" in the first redirection.
Second, there could be some surprises if both the rtrmgr and syslogd
are trying to write to the same file.

Pavlin