[Xorp-users] XORP config with stupid broadcast address

Dave Price dave.price@aber.ac.uk
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:39:08 +0000

Dear All,

	While using my xorp config file as an example
in a document, I just spotted I had a really silly broadcast
address on one interface.

I had...
=============

    interface eth4 {
        disable: false
        /* default-system-config */
        vif eth4 {
            disable: false
            address 144.124.34.30 {
                prefix-length: 22
                broadcast: 133.124.35.255
                disable: false
            }
        }
    }

Shouldn't there be some "sanity checking" that would
realise that 133.124.35.255 was rather silly
for an interface with address  144.124.34.30 ??

As far as I can se, I had no complaints in logs etc.

(Indeed, I seemed to have PIM-SM connectivity
fine via that interface which is my route to the world...)

Dave Price