[Xorp-users] Physical Connections.

Bruce M Simpson bms@spc.org
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:42:12 +0000

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 10:10:13PM -0800, Ritesh Vanmali wrote:
> I am Ritesh working for MNC in India and am keen to
> know how can I connect my 2003 Server with Intel
> Platform to my lease line modems as I am planning to
> use the Xorp software as a Fallback device to my Cisco
> Router.

The XORP/Win32 port can be considered rough beta quality. It
is not yet recommended for production use.

It has never been tested with NDISWAN devices (I assume your
leased line is using serial devices of this kind) and it is not
a Windows 'service', that is, you will need to run it in an
interactive Windows session, although the Windows XORP component
binaries themselves are Win32 console subsystem applications.

Configuration is more or less identical to the UNIX version with
the difference that the network interface names are actually
the 'Friendly names' seen in the Network Connections folder.

If you wish to try it, and post your feedback here, you are very
welcome to do so, but please pay attention to the BUILD_NOTES document
in the source tree which contains important information about the port.

Regards,
BMS