[Xorp-users] questions about xorp

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:24:12 -0800

> This messages appears when the processes of xorp have died.
> In my system the firewall and xorp switchover works fine: the firewall
> failover, the xorp is started in the active and stopped in the passive
> one.
> But each indefinite time one or two or all process of xorp are stopped
> or died. I don´t know why and I can´t understand the logs.
> At this moment I have the active node with 213 unicast routes and 785
> multicast routes. What are the limits tested in xorp if they exist?
> I have two clusters with the same problem in different places.
> This is the exit of the "top" command in the active node right now.
> Now all is working but will fail sure.

Could you enable traceoptions for the following components:
mfea4, igmp, pimsm4:

        traceoptions {
            flag all {
                disable: false
            }
        }

Then, please save the XORP log to a file from the moment it is
started and send me this log once you start experiencing the
problem.

Usually, now long time does it take to start seeing the timeout
messages? Also, was there anything happening around that time (e.g.,
increase of the number of routes, etc).

Finally, how/what do you count as multicast routes? The output of
commands like "show route table ipv4 multicast final" or
"show pim join" (or something else).

Pavlin