[Xorp-users] OSPF/connectivity problem

I.FernandezDiaz at telecom.tno.nl I.FernandezDiaz at telecom.tno.nl
Tue May 9 08:07:34 PDT 2006

Dear All,

I have a setup with one XORP platform (Release 1.2 RC on FreeBSD) and
one cisco router, both running OSPF. The physical layer part seams to be
ok (the common interface is up at both sides, the line protocol is up,
the speed is the same at both sides, both full duplex). But I cannot
ping one router from the other router.

xorp--------------------------------------------------------------------
-cisco
em1: 192.168.2.2                                             f0/0
192.168.2.3

In the cisco's routing table I see the network address which I am trying
to ping as directly connected. In the xorp router I see the network I am
trying to ping as directly connected, but no ospf routing table and no
OSPF neighbours. The cisco router sends hello messages.

this is the configuration which I am using

/*XORP Configuration File, v1.0*/
interfaces {
    restore-original-config-on-shutdown: false
    interface em0 {
        disable: false
        discard: false
        vif em0 {
            address 192.168.1.2 {
                prefix-length: 24
                disable: false
                broadcast: 192.168.1.255
            }
            disable: false
        }
    }
    interface em1 {
        disable: false
        discard: false
        vif em1 {
            address 192.168.2.2 {
                disable: false
                prefix-length: 24
                broadcast: 192.168.2.255
            }
            disable: false
        }
    }
}
fea {
    unicast-forwarding4 {
        disable: false
    }
}
protocols {
    ospf4 {
        area 0.0.0.0 {
            area-type: "normal"
            interface em0 {
                link-type: "broadcast"
                vif em0
            }
            interface em1 {
                link-type: "broadcast"
                vif em1 {
                    address 192.168.2.2 {
                        priority: 128
                        hello-interval: 10
                        router-dead-interval: 40
                        interface-cost: 1
                        retransmit-interval: 5
                        transit-delay: 1
                        passive: false
                        disable: false
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        ip-router-alert: false
        router-id: 192.168.2.2
    }
}

Can anybody tell me if I am forgetting something?
How can I see if the ospf process at the xorp side is doing something.
Is there something as debug in xorp?

Thank you,

Irene