[Xorp-users] junk values in /proc/net/ip_mr_cachw

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at icir.org
Wed May 24 12:19:25 PDT 2006

> i am able to run xorp. its running properly .
> but its not forwarding multicast traffic. when i see /proc/net/ip_mr_cache
> there are some junk values for iif(internal interface ) and for oif.
> i am multicasting to two groups . and /proc/net/ip_mr_cache entries are as
> following.
>
> Group    Origin   Iif     Pkts    Bytes    Wrong Oifs
>
> 230001E1 0A05A8C0 65535        1        4 -559067475
>
> 2D0100E1 0A05A8C0 65535        1        4 -559067475
>
> group and origin values are correct.
>
> can anybody tell  the what's the problem.

First, could you confirm that you have enabled multicast routing and
PIM-SM in your kernel as specified in the user manual (Section
13.3.1).

If yes, could you enable the PIM-SM traceoptions in your config
file:

protocols {
    pimsm4 {
	traceoptions {
	    flag all {
		disable: false
	    }
	}
    }
}

For completeness, you may want to enable the traceoptions for mfea4
and igmp.

Some of the log messages should show the MFC entries that are added
to the kernel. If there is no obvious error, please send me your
complete log output and I will have a look at it (you don't need to
CC the list).