[Xorp-users] problems with openssl

Mark Lalich baobhan at classicnet.net
Sun Nov 5 08:59:07 PST 2006

Hi I am also encountering an openssl error on ./configure for XORP on an
Ubuntu box. I've run a force-reinstall and rerun ./configure
--with-openssl=/etc/ssl. I have also run ./configure --without-openssl, but
still no success. This is my first time compiling an app manually in Linux,
so I'm not really sure what I'm needing to see so I know I can proceed to
make. Also I'm not really sure where OpenSSL is installed to, I've tried
looking in Synamptic and looking at OpenSSLs properties/Installed Files.
There's so much stuff listed I don't know where to begin. Anyway any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Here's my actual questions.

1.	What am I wanting to see from running ./configure?
2.	What will be the result of running ./configure, will is produce a
file that make will use?
3.	Upon running make will that actually install XORP?

Thanks,

Mark