[Xorp-users] QoS and XORP

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.se
Wed Nov 8 11:37:11 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 11:29:48AM -0800, Mark wrote:
> After reading the XORP manual I don't see any mention
> of any QoS features for it. Does XORP support any form
> of QoS or packet classification on any level? Is this
> something that is in the works?

XORP does not handle IP pakcets, and thus can do
no QoS classification. XORP is merely control
plane software, ie functionality for routing
protocols and such.
For QoS you need to look at netfilter or something
equivalent.

Though, perhaps one day you will be able to
configure how the kernel should handle QoS via
XORP, but that's far from where we are today.

  Kristian.

--
Kristian Larsson                                   KLL-RIPE
Network Engineer                      Net at Once [AS35706]
+46 704 910401			     kristian at spritelink.se