[Xorp-users] QoS and XORP

Kristian Larsson kristian at spritelink.se
Wed Nov 8 17:40:02 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 04:50:43PM -0800, Mark wrote:
> Why is it then that Quagga can do ACL's yet XORP
> cannot? I thought they were almost the same as far as
> functionality.
Can it?
It was years since I used Quagga though I don't
believe much has changed... it's still control
plane software. If there are ways to control ACLs
it's just that - control.
It's still the underlying OS, the kernel, which
handles packet forwarding and thus also packet
filtering with the ACLs that Quagga has defined.

  Kristian.

+46 704 910401			     kristian at spritelink.se